Editor

By Ogungbayi Adeyemi S. | adeyemi@ddnewsonline.com
Editor, DDNews |

Former Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has been cleared to contest the presidential primary of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) for the 2027 general election.

Chairman of the NDC National Screening Committee, Sam Egwu, announced Obi’s clearance in a video shared on the party’s official X account on Wednesday.

Follow DDNewsOnline on Facebook For More Breaking News

The screening exercise took place in Abuja on Tuesday.

Egwu stated that the committee was satisfied that Obi met all constitutional and statutory requirements to contest for the presidency.
“This is to certify that, following the screening of His Excellency Peter Obi by the National Screening Committee of the Nigeria Democratic Congress, and having satisfied ourselves that he has complied with all the requirements of the constitution of the party, the Electoral Act, and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended)… he is hereby cleared to contest in the presidential primaries of the party for the 2027 presidential election on dates to be announced by the party,” Egwu said.

Follow And Like Us On Tiktok

Reacting via his official X account on Wednesday, Obi revealed that the screening lasted more than two and a half hours, during which the committee thoroughly examined his credentials and questioned him on his vision for Nigeria.
“Yesterday, May 19, in Abuja, I attended the presidential screening organised by our party, which took over two and a half hours. They carefully reviewed all my documents, including my degree certificates, NYSC credentials, and age declarations,” Obi said.
“During the process, I also addressed questions regarding my vision for a new Nigeria and the type of leadership our nation urgently needs right now. Following this, I was cleared and received the presidential nomination form I had previously paid for,” he added.

Subscribe To The Best Team In Conservative, Business, Technology, Lifestyle And Digital News Realtime! support@ddnewsonline.com
For Breaking News And More Follow Us On Instagram

Obi commended the screening committee and the party leadership for conducting what he described as a credible and transparent process.
“I would like to commend the screening committee, led by former governor Sam Egwu, for their thorough and professional approach. Additionally, I appreciate our party’s leadership for upholding the democratic process,” he said.

The development comes amid ongoing political realignments and coalition talks within the opposition ahead of the 2027 general elections.

Follow Us On Youtube

DDNewsOnline – Lagos
‎By Ogungbayi Adeyemi S. (Beedee)
‎Send tips to: adeyemi@ddnewsonline.com
‎09164987165 / 08168555497
‎©️ 2026 DD NewsOnline

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *